OTTAWA (ON), September 23, 2022 /CNW/ – The Honorable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, will travel to The Philippines to advance international agricultural trade, promote Canadian agri-food products and increase market access when meeting with Philippine government officials and stakeholders from various agriculture and agri-food industries and organizations.
(All dates are in Philippine Standard Time.)
Sunday, September 25, 2022
Tim Hortons Visit
Minister Bibeau will meet with senior representatives of Tim Hortons Philippines at Manila location of the franchise to discuss the Canadian company’s experiences and future plans in the country.
Foremost Milling Corporation Site Visit
Minister Bibeau will visit the Philippine Foremost Milling Corporation with company officials to discuss their experiences with importing and using Canadian wheat.
Monday, September 26, 2022
Throughout the day, Minister Bibeau will discuss Canadian agricultural opportunities with key stakeholders and decision-makers, including:
- Members of the Philippine Private Sector Advisory Council (PSAC) for Agriculture;
- Philippine Undersecretary of Agriculture;
- Representatives of the Philippine Association of Meat Processors Inc. and the Association of Meat Importers and Traders;
- Canadanon-governmental development organizations, to discuss how they help small and medium agricultural enterprises The Philippines develop their businesses; and,
- Philippine agricultural importers, from sectors such as retail, flour milling, flour milling and animal feed production, and agribusiness/food processing.
During these meetings, Minister Bibeau will demonstrate from Canada interest in advancing agricultural trade, promoting Canadian agri-food products and increasing market access.
Media interviews will be scheduled throughout the mission. Media representatives are invited to contact Marianne DandurandPress Officer (contact details below) to make arrangements.
SOURCE Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
For further information: (media only), please contact: Marianne Dandurand, Press Attaché, Office of the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, [email protected], 343-541-9229; Media Relations: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, 1-866-345-7972, [email protected]