THE ROLLING STONES Blocks Trademark Registration of Australian Fashion Brand
July 27, 2021, 10 months ago
According to Lexology, the Rolling Stones (under their company Musidor BV) prevented the registration of the trademark of Australian fashion brand Jagger & Stone.
Jagger & Stone is the brand of We The Wild Ones Pty Ltd, an Australian designer, manufacturer and retailer of clothing and accessories. On March 19, 2018, We The Wild Ones applied for registration of the following trademark in Class 25 for a variety of clothing and apparel:
The Rolling Stones opposed the registration of the Jagger & Stone mark on the following grounds:
– The Jagger & Stone mark is the same or very similar to another Australian registered mark – s44;
– Use of the Jagger & Stone trademark would be against the law and, in particular, would constitute fraudulent marketing and/or misleading or deceptive conduct – s42(b);
– Due to the connotation of the Jagger & Stone brand, its use would be likely to mislead or lead to confusion – s43;
– The Jagger & Stone brand is similar to a brand that has gained fame in Australia – s60; and
– Jagger & Stone’s application for registration was made in bad faith – s62A.
Read the full report on Lexology.
(Photo – Claude Gassian)